The Chartered Governance Institute is the only organisation that offers an internationally recognised and portable qualification in governance. We employ talented and motivated people to assist the Institute achieve its mission to be the best explainers, the best advocates, the best educators and the most active organisation in the promotion of good governance internationally.
The Chartered Governance Institute is looking for an ambitious and experienced Policy Adviser to work with our global Thought Leadership Committee.
As Policy Adviser, your role will be to facilitate and assist with the development of the Institute’s policy development programme. The Institute’s policy work is a key part of its mission to be the best explainers, the best advocates, the best educators and the most active organisation in the promotion of good governance internationally.
You will work closely with the Institute’s Director General and Chair of the Thought Leadership Committee (TLC). Key responsibilities include:
- Initiate and/or support the writing of submissions to governments, regulators, supra-national bodies.
- Initiate or support the writing of substantive policy statements and/ or thought leadership papers.
- Provide research and analytical support to the TLC.
- Provide an early warning system of impending legislative/regulatory issues to support the TLC.
- As requested, survey and consult the wider membership seeking their views regarding actual and proposed advocacy initiatives.
- Support the advocacy work of the President, Chair of the TLC and the Director General.
- Provide all necessary secretariat and administrative support to the TLC
- Ensure excellent working relationships with external editors and designers as necessary.
At least 5 years’ experience in developing policy positions on regulatory, legislative and/or thought leadership issues would be highly regarded as would a knowledge of the professional issues facing Chartered Secretaries and Chartered Governance Professionals.
This is a part-time role that can be based anywhere. Salary is commensurate with experience and negotiable. The initial contract will be for a fixed-term of 12-months with the possibility of renewal.
Please email a cover letter with detailed resume to the Institute’s Director General, Tim Sheehy, by 12 March 2021 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Institute will respond only to serious applications meeting the criteria above. All information received will be kept in strict confidence and only used for employment-related purposes.
A Position Description can be accessed on the tab on the right.