GX S2 ep.1 - Phil Armstrong, Governance Adviser, Gavi Alliance
The second series of The Governance Exchange interviews commences with at least one interview going to air each month to December. Series 2 is called ‘Hot Topics’ and will interview experts in their field on topics that are front of mind now. In this first episode of Series 2, we speak to Phil Armstrong who is the Governance Adviser to Gavi the Vaccine Alliance. "As part of its mission to save lives, reduce poverty and protect the world against the threat of epidemics, Gavi has helped vaccinate more than 760 million children in the world’s poorest countries." Today, Gavi is co-leading COVAX, the vaccines pillar of the Access to Covid-19 Tools Accelerator – a global risk-sharing mechanism for the equitable distribution of Covid-19 vaccines. Tune in for this interview as it offers a unique opportunity to examine governance practice in a highly political environment, on what is certainly a very hot topic at this time.
What is The Governance Exchange?
The governance exchange - a new interview series that examines global governance issues through the eyes of leading practitioners, academics and commentators. Short and sharp, these 1-to-1 interviews will bring to light the insights and experiences that we all want to hear. They will be available to view on-demand to then be followed-up with a robust discussion on The Chartered Governance Institute’s eCommunity. Find out more...
- Joint webinar – ICSI, CSIA and CGI – Impact of Covid-19 and the role of professionals
- CGI Global Webinar - 'Do we really need to meet? Learning from a pandemic'
- The Governance Exchange Series 1 - The response to Covid-19
- The Governance Exchange Series 2 - Hot Topics
- Interview with Tim Sheehy, Director General and Professor Michael Adams, Head of UNE Law School
- CGI Global Webinar: - 'The changing role of the governance professional post-Covid'
- CGI Global Webinar: 'Women in the boardroom'
- The Governance Exchange Series 3 - In the boardroom
- CGI Global Webinar: ‘The Realities of Digital Age Risk’
Be the first to know about the latest events and insights