CGI Global Webinar: 'Women in the boardroom'
The Chartered Governance Institute recently released its thought provoking report – Women in the boardroom: An international governance stocktake. While the last decade has seen an improvement in board gender diversity the change is slow and patchy, being most successful in statutory boards in countries where there is political will for change.
As part of International Women’s Day #ChooseToChallenge, we heard a global perspective from five experts on their take on the conclusions of the report and the challenge to increase diversity in the boardroom;
• What measures have worked well toward increasing the percentage of women in the boardroom?
• What have been the main drivers of increasing diversity and how do they differ across countries?
• What are the unique aspects of a role in governance that can be a stepping-stone to moving into board roles?
Champions of Change Coalition
Dr Rosanne Hawarden
Author of the report, entrepreneur,
scholar and non-executive director
Edith Shih FCG(CS, CGP) FCIS(CS, CGP)(PE)
Executive Director & Company Secretary of CK Hutchison Holdings
Zambia Revenue Authority
Australia & New Zealand Managing Partner
McKinsey & Co.
This was a highly thought-provoking and engaging webinar that we encourage you to view - the on-demand version can be accessed below. You can also join the conversation on our eCommunity, which features a dedicated discussion thread with the panellists where they will further speak to the findings of the report, as well as addressing questions from the session.
- Joint webinar – ICSI, CSIA and CGI – Impact of Covid-19 and the role of professionals
- CGI Global Webinar - 'Do we really need to meet? Learning from a pandemic'
- The Governance Exchange Series 1 - The response to Covid-19
- GX S2 ep.1 - Phil Armstrong, Governance Adviser, Gavi Alliance
- Interview with Tim Sheehy, Director General and Professor Michael Adams, Head of UNE Law School
- CGI Global Webinar: - 'The changing role of the governance professional post-Covid'
- GX S2 ep.2 - Richard Taylor, Chief Executive, Lumi Global
- GX S2 ep.3 - Louise Davidson, Chief Executive, Australian Council of Superannuation Investors (ACSI)
- CGI Global Webinar: 'Women in the boardroom'
- GX S3 ep.1 - Denis Mowbray, Governance, strategy & risk adviser
- GX S3 ep.2 - Lloyd Mander, Governance consultant
- CGI Global Webinar: ‘The Realities of Digital Age Risk’
Be the first to know about the latest events and insights