New Chartered Governance Professional designation and new class of member
Following overwhelming member support, the Privy Council gave Royal Assent on 8 February 2018 to the Institute’s revised Charter & byelaws that introduce a second professional designation - Chartered Governance Professional, to sit alongside the long established Chartered Secretary designation. The new designation can be gained from studying the wider content of the new qualifying programmes to be introduced from 1 January 2019 and reinforces the Institute as the best explainer, best advocate and best educator in governance.
The revised Charter & byelaws also introduce a new class of member called Affiliated Member. This membership can be gained through studying a wide range of Institute approved and delivered courses and will enable a broader range of individuals to become members of the Institute.
- Live webinar discussion | Do we really need to meet? Learning from a Pandemic
- Enhancing Individual Director Accountability
- Thought Leadership report – Beyond the Listed Company
- Governance has a new champion
- Tom Morrison Essay Prize 2020
- A robot in the boardroom: is the role of the company secretary about to change?
- 21st Century Annual General Meeting – the hybrid meeting bringing value all around
- Market forces, not policy intervention, driving greater global shareholder engagement
- President’s medal
- New Chartered Governance Professional designation and new class of member
- New qualifying programmes
- Tom Morrison Essay Prize
- Congratulations to our 2017 ICSA graduates
- Mervyn King awarded Honorary Fellowship
- International President addresses Southern African Division
Be the first to know about the latest events and insights